Sustainable agriculture has no end point, it is a journey. Increasing population, climate change impact and scarcity of natural resources means that the global food and beverage industry faces the most fundamental, yet highly complex challenge of all - to ensure food is produced and sourced in a sustainable way, that works for the triple bottom line.
The 4th in a global series of Sustainable Agriculture Summits hosted by American Business Conferences, and sister company London Business Conferences, this is now an established forum where incisive and detailed strategies on how to measure and reduce water and carbon impacts throughout the agricultural supply chain are formulated.
Farmers being the core centre of agriculture, American Business Conferences is proud to announce the first corporate driven business summit specially designed to include the active participation from a diverse range of growers and small-scale suppliers.
The agenda has been diligently designed to deliver a diverse, yet focused perspective for all stakeholders across the food and drink supply chain, and includes:
- Plenary sessions presenting best practices tools & strategic case studies
- Streaming groups offering specific solutions for assessing and reducing water risks and carbon & energy impacts
Leading partnership and management programmes will explain in detail how they worked together to deliver successful outcomes.
How do YOU convince your farmers that they need to act? More easily said than done perhaps? An integral part of the success of sustainable farming practices is being able to clearly demonstrate the benefits from the social, economic and environmental point of view. This event will deliver genuine strategies for manufacturers, retailers and farmers to maximize profitability and remain sustainably competitive. In addition, understanding consumer priorities on how different demographics are interpreting sustainability and how to influence key buying decisions will help organizations create a consistent message on the sustainability of a product.
You will see that the agenda is designed to maximize opportunities for genuine brand/farmer collaboration. Learn how to help farmers manage their risks by educating them on the tools, technologies and compensation schemes that will help them make a tangible difference.
At Sustainable Agricultural Partnerships 2010 meet real farmers to talk through innovative new solutions for:
- Farming techniques
- Water usage reduction
- GHG reduction
- Management of biological impacts in streams
- Energy usage
- Improving soil fertility
The event focuses on innovation partnerships for water usage to quality issues. From irrigation technologies to new grower management models, learn how to create incentives that specifically tackle water scarcity and availability issues at the agricultural level.
California is the nation’s top agricultural state generating approximately $31.8 billion a year through agriculture, making San Francisco the ideal venue to hold this Summit. Domestic and developing world key stakeholders will gather together in this unique forum to share successful guidelines for managing environmental risks throughout the agricultural supply chain.
- Translate Agricultural Sustainability To Your Food Product: How Will It Make You More Competitive? How Are Leading Companies Doing It? Are They Measuring True Differences?
- Discover Practical Applications On Acquiring & Sharing Raw Data To Manage Environmental Sustainability Risks
- Learn How To Apply Sustainability Metrics That Farmers Understand & Create Management Programmes Throughout The Supply Chain
- Focused Breakout & Workshop Sessions On Water Quality & Quantity, Soil Fertility, GCG, Energy & Carbon Sequestration